- Most people go to work and want to do a good job
- Most people enjoy being recognised for doing their job
- There are superstars out there in particular fields and by the nature of their job they are easy to identify i.e. Programmers, Surgeons, Athletes
- The majority of people in “general management” type roles i.e. Marketing, Sales, Operations, HR have similar ability (however unpalatable that may sound).
- There is a big difference between working hard and being a "superstar". NOTE: This is a big distinction for me. There are people whose hard work and determination are what makes them rise above the rest. However this is a considerable difference to natural ability.
Perhaps the 30th President of the USA, (John) Calvin Coolidge was on to something when he said, "